For Autumn flavours try this pumpkin banana smoothie. It's smooth, creamy, sweet and tangy. Made with fresh almond milk, raw pumpkin, banana, cinnamon, dates, and ginger.
This pumpkin banana smoothie is just filled with Autumn cosy goodness. I added pumpkin seeds scooped out from the pumpkin middle, for added nutrition and protein.
Smoothies aren't just for summer, you know. There are so many ways to enjoy them.
This smoothie makes a great mid-morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up. If you're adventurous and craving something different in a smoothie, then give it a try.
You can make it your own by swapping out or adding ingredients for different variations.
Details for this are below.
So, after seeing all the gorgeous-looking pumpkin spice smoothie recipes online, I decided to have a go and make one myself.
However, here in the UK, I have yet to find a jar of pumpkin pie spice locally anywhere, so I improvised with spices I had at home instead.
This pumpkin banana smoothie uses simple, everyday ingredients. It's gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
The full recipe card below provides exact quantities.
This recipe is for a pumpkin banana smoothie without yogurt.
- Pumpkin, for it's light sweet, earthy autumn flavour
- Pumpkin seeds, straight from the pumpkin
- Almond milk, for its delicious nutty creaminess.
- Frozen banana is naturally sweet and fantastic for thickening smoothies.
- Carrot pairs well with pumpkin.
- Ginger, for its warming tart flavour. I use fresh ginger instead of powdered, which adds zing and really lifts this drink.
- Cinnamon, sweet, earthy, beautifully warming
- Dates, for their natural, caramel-like sweetness, filled with goodness
If you'd like to make your own almond milk see my recipe, how to make almond milk to learn more.
Step-by-step instructions with images
This raw pumpkin smoothie is so easy to make. Follow the step-by-step instructions below with images, or visit the recipe card for complete instructions.
Step 1 - Add the pumpkin smoothie ingredients to your blender
Step 2 - Blend until smooth and creamy
Leftovers and storing
Your pumpkin smoothie is best used the same day. Alternatively, pour into a lidded container and store in the fridge for up to three days.
For easy meal prep, add the chopped pumpkin smoothie ingredients to portion size freezer bags and freeze. Add almond milk before blending on the day.
Freeze and use within 3 months.
Blending leftover pumpkin and freezing it in cup size batches is a fantastic way to use it up. Especially when you want to make easy pumpkin smoothies like this one!
Substitutions and variations
Swap up the flavours of your vegan pumpkin smoothie with some of these suggestions.
Pumpkin: Use butternut squash or swap it out for sweet potato. Or, you could use a cup pumpkin puree if you have some. You can also use cooked canned pumpkin puree but, this won't then be a raw smoothie.
Banana - Not everyone enjoys bananas in their smoothies. Mango is a fab replacement and also adds colour. Wanna try something else instead? Try thickening your smoothie with a scoop or two of sea moss gel.
Pumpkin seeds - If you're a fan of nuts, swap the pumpkin seeds for walnuts or pecans.
Dates - A tablespoon of maple syrup or date paste will lift your smoothie sweetness just as well
Almond milk - May be swapped with oat milk, coconut milk or any other dairy-free milk alternative.
For a chocolate flavour, add in a little raw cacao powder or carob.
Nut butter - Add in is a scoop of peanut butter, almond butter or pecan butter. Sprinkle chopped nuts or a sprinkle of chocolate powder on top just before serving.
Yogurt - For a pumpkin and banana smoothie with yogurt add a tablespoon of vegan yogurt for more tummy loving goodness.
Both raw and cooked pumpkin can be used in pumpkin smoothies.
For sweet flavour pairings, try vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, maple syrup, chocolate, and cranberries, which all work really well.
I hope that I have answered any questions you may have about this easy pumpkin smoothie recipe. I'd love to know what you think if you make it. If you have any questions, please let me know. Please comment below, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Looking for other smoothie recipes? Try these:
Pumpkin Banana Smoothie (raw, vegan)
- High speed blender.
- Paring knife.
- Chopping board.
- 240 ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 116 g (1 cup) pumpkin diced
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 small carrot diced
- 2 large dates pitted
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger minced or grated
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Chop ingredients. Remove the pits from the dates and discard. Peel and dice the pumpkin reserving a tablespoon of the seeds from inside. Roughly slice the carrot and chop the frozen banana.116 g (1 cup) pumpkin, 1 banana, 2 large dates, 1 inch piece fresh ginger, 4-6 ice cubes, 1 small carrot
- Blend. Add the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.116 g (1 cup) pumpkin, 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds, 1 banana, 1 small carrot, 2 large dates, 1 inch piece fresh ginger, ¼ teaspoon powdered cinnamon, 4-6 ice cubes, 240 ml (1 cup) almond milk