This easy to make raw chocolate hazelnut milkshake is rich, sweet, satiating and full of whole food goodness. If you’re looking for something chocolatey give this a try.
Why make this recipe.
This recipe is full of natural whole foods and easy to make. It’s
- and refined sugar free
- It can totally fulfill those chocolate cravings and makes a great afternoon treat
- It’s thick, creamy and satisfying
- Making your own milkshakes puts you in charge of the ingredients
Ingredients you’ll need.
- Hazelnut milk: it’s easy to make your own, here’s a good recipe for hazelnut milk
- Cacao powder: for that ultimate raw vegan chocolate taste.
- Dates: add their own natural sweetness. I use fresh dates, the softer the better.
- Chia seeds: used here to thicken the milkshake
- Vanilla extract
- Grated vegan chocolate
- Chopped hazelnuts
How to make this milkshake.
Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I like to use a high speed blender as it’s quick and easy and ensures the chia seeds and dates are fully blended.
Wait 10-15 minutes so the chia seeds get a chance to thicken your milkshake!
Add toppings. I like to use grated chocolate (vegan of course) and chopped hazelnuts.
Chia seeds: swap then with a chopped frozen banana instead to thicken.
Dates: if you don’t like dates substitute with maple syrup.
Vanilla extract: substitute vanilla paste or vanilla pod seeds.
Cacao powder: is quite strong tasting and some people don’t like it. Instead. substitute cocoa powder or carob powder in the same quantity.
Nut butter: Add in your favourite nut butter like peanut butter or cashew butter for extra flavour.
- Cacao is full of nutrients like iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium as well as protein, fat and fibre.
- Chia seeds make this milkshake protein rich and add natural, vegan omega 3-s.
- Chia seeds are also naturally high in fibre and a good source of minerals like zinc, magnesium, calcium and iron.
Other healthy nut ideas you may like.
- how to make almond milk
- cherry almond milkshake
- strawberry coconut chia pudding
- pecan, pomegranate overnight oats
Raw Vegan chocolate hazelnut milkshake
- High speed blender.
- 2 serving glasses.
- 2 cups (500ml) hazelnut milk.
- 4 pitted medjool dates.
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds.
- 1 heaped teaspoon cacao powder.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- a pinch of grated chocolate.
- a pinch of chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Wait for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to thicken the milkshakes then blend for a few seconds more to loosen the mix.
- Pour your milkshake into 2 glasses.
- Add a pinch of chopped hazelnuts and grated raw vegan chocolate to each glass before serving.
Hey, did you like this recipe? If so it would mean the world to me if you would please Pin this to your Pinterest boards or even share it on social media so others can find it too.
I’m off for some tea.
Love raw food.