A light and lemony chickpea salad with pops of sweet, tart pomegranate. A peppery rocket, herb base with diced cucumber, tomato olives and a scoop of rich and creamy fresh hummus to the side. Bursting with flavour!
I made this beautiful pomegranate salad recipe for lunch one afternoon with some leftover hummus and sprouted chickpeas. This literally took about 5-6 minutes to put together, and it's really satisfying.🥗😋💕
A quick glance at the ingredients.
You may very well have most of the ingredients at home already as I did. I only popped out to get pomegranate seeds to make this into a quick lunch.
- baby plum tomatoes
- red onion
- pomegranate seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
More chickpea salad recipes:
- Watermelon Chickpea Salad.
- Asparagus, Pea and Chickpea Sprout Salad.
- Peach and Watercress Salad with Sprouted Chickpeas.
For my latest hummus recipe using sprouted chickpeas: Lemon and Turmeric Sprouted Chickpea Hummus.
Do feel free to double the number of leafy greens here!
This recipe is just a guide. Change up the amount of ingredients to your own preference. One of the things I love about eating is I don't restrict myself and I add what I like.
Pomegranate seeds - try de-stoned and halved fresh cherries instead. They work beautifully in this chickpea salad.
Sprouted chickpeas - I regularly include sprouted chickpeas in my recipes. Feel free to swap them with cooked ones if you prefer.
For a complete guide on sprouting chickpeas, see my post “How to sprout chickpeas the easy way”. You should allow up to 3 days to sprout chickpeas.
Rocket - watercress leaves will be an excellent swap for the rocket with their slight peppery flavour. You can also add chopped cos lettuce and mix the two to bulk up on leafy greens.
Cucumber - this vegan chickpea recipe uses a regular ol' English cucumber. The tiny mini cucumbers that we see now make a delicious, crunchy substitution if you can get hold of them.
This pomegranate rocket and chickpea salad is:
Quick and easy to make.
Tasty and delicious.
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free.
Filled with fibre.
Are pomegranate seeds healthy?
Yes. Ruby red, juicy pomegranate seeds are also known as arils. They're full of fibre and rich in nutrients, including vitamin C, K, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, among others (source).
Enjoy adding them to breakfast cereal, chia pudding, fruit salad, desserts, salads, juices and smoothies and more.
Pomegranate Rocket Chickpea Hummus Salad
- Paring knife.
- Chopping board.
- Large plate.
- 40 g or a large handful rocket leaves.
- 20 g or a small handful of parsley.
- 6-8 baby plum tomatoes.
- ½ cup (70g) cucumber.
- ¼ of a small red onion.
- 2 tablespoons sprouted chickpeas.
- a handful of green olives.
- 1 heaping tablespoon pomegranate seeds.
- 2 tablespoons hummus.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ a lemon.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop the parsley, then mix with the rocket leaves and lay onto a plate, leaving a little space to one side for the hummus.
- Spread the hummus onto your plate, in the space provided, next to the salad.
- Half the baby plum tomatoes lengthways and dice the cucumber. Finely slice the red onion.
- Top the salad greens with cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, onion, olives and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and a little squeeze of lemon over the whole salad to serve. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Hey, do you like this recipe?
If so, will you consider buying me a coffee to help support the website running costs? Or maybe you could share this post with your friends on social?
Thanks! I’m off for some tea.