Try this vibrant broccoli and chickpea salad bowl. Serve with a spicy mango lime dressing. Sweet, crunchy and stacked with nutritional greatness. It’s filled with baby greens, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and mango.
A quick look at the ingredients.
This really is a wonderful recipe and it’s so easy to make. Here are the main ingredients you’ll need.
- Baby leafy greens
- Sprouted chickpeas
- Long stem broccoli
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hemp seeds
A hemp seed salad dressing.
I love to use hulled hemp seeds in dressings. They blend really well and will make your salad dressings rich and creamy.
Hemp seeds will also add some healthy omega-3s to your dish. They’re protein-rich and full of nutrients, including magnesium, iron and zinc (source).
Other salad dressing recipes:
This recipe is super versatile, and you can swap the ingredients for many alternatives. I love to make bowls from leftovers as they make the perfect easy raw vegan lunches.
As always, do add more leafy greens and chickpeas and change things up to suit your own preferences. But, again, this is just a guide.
Sprouted chickpeas - Swap the sprouted chickpeas for cooked ones, if you like. If you fancy learning how to sprout your own chickpeas, do check out my complete guide here: how to sprout chickpeas.
Baby leafy greens - How about using curly kale or rocket instead?
Long stem broccoli - Calabrese is the more standard variety you see in the UK. Purple sprouting broccoli, when available, will look very pretty in your bowl.
Mango - choose another tropical fruit such as papaya or pineapple.
How to store.
This salad keeps well stored and covered in the fridge, making it great for meal prep. However, you will need to keep the mango and salad dressing separately. And just add both to your salad at the last minute when serving to avoid your greens going soggy.
Mango, Broccoli and Chickpea Salad Bowl with Mango Lime Dressing
- A bowl.
- Small container for the dressing.
- Paring knife.
- Chopping board.
- Lemon squeezer.
- ½ cup (50g) cucumber
- ¼ cup (40g) mango.
- 40 g (a small handful) of long stem broccoli.
- 6 cherry tomatoes.
- 3 radishes.
- 60 g (a large handful) of baby leafy greens.
- ¼ cup (30g) sprouted chickpeas.
Mango lime dressing.
- ½ a lime.
- ¼ cup (40g) mango.
- ½ green chilli de-seeded.
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed hearts.
- 2-3 tablespoons water.
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel and dice the mango, chop the cucumber and broccoli into bite size pieces and half the cherry tomatoes. Finely slice the radishes.
- Lay the baby leafy greens onto the bottom of a bowl and place the sprouted chickpeas and remaining salad ingredients separately around the bowl, sitting on top of the greens.
- Juice the lime and pour the juice into the blender. Peel and dice the mango into small pieces. Roughly chop the chilli and then place all the remaining dressing ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Do a taste test and add a little salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.