These peach melba overnight oats are the perfect way to start your morning. A beautiful peach breakfast with raspberries, vanilla and hazelnuts. Creamy, delicious, packed with nourishing goodness.
This recipe is not strictly raw because rolled oats are steamed before being packed.
What are overnight oats?
A comforting and super-easy breakfast dish made by combining milk with oats and leaving them to soak, usually overnight.
The oats and chia seeds will absorb much of the milk that you use, until they become soft, creamy and almost pudding like.
You can serve this with almost any fruit you can think of to make an excellent healthy breakfast.
What is Peach Melba?
Peach Melba was created by esteemed French culinary chef Auguste Escoffier (source) in honor of soprano singer Dame Nellie Melba, in 1893.
The dish serves lightly blanched, peeled peach halves with vanilla ice cream and a sweet pureed raspberry sauce drizzled over the top.
For many (myself included), this fruity combination with its vibrant colour and soft textured sweetness became a much-desired classic dessert growing up.
I don't often see it on menus, but I still remember how gorgeous and wonderful it was and have found a few new ways to enjoy those simple flavours at home.
How is this recipe different?
This recipe takes the essential flavours, peach, raspberry, and vanilla, and transports them into a breakfast dish made with whole fresh ingredients.
Adding fresh fruits is so easy, and then all I do is lightly crush some hazelnuts and sprinkle them over the top.
Are overnight oats gluten-free?
Oats are often contaminated with gluten from other food processing done on the same premises.
Therefore, it's become absolutely essential to purchase oats that are certified gluten-free if you have any sensitivity or intolerance to gluten.
And, of course, do make sure not to add any additional ingredients to your recipe that may contain gluten if you need to stay away from it.
Why add chia seeds?
Chia seeds aren't essential for a this recipe. However, adding them will make the dish extra creamy and delicious.
They also add in more protein and some essential omega-3's. 🤩👩🍳
More tasty breakfast recipes:
- Apple pomegranate overnight oats.
- Raspberry buckwheat breakfast smoothie.
- Orange and pomegranate museli bowl.
- Red berry chia pudding.
- Strawberry coconut chia pudding.
- Blueberry squash smoothie bowl.
Peach Melba Overnight Oats.
- Chopping board.
- Paring knife.
- A jar or container with a lid.
- Breakfast bowl.
- Tea cloth.
- Wooden spoon.
- 1 fresh peach stone removed.
- 1 handful of fresh raspberries.
- ½ cup (45g) gluten-free rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 cup (250ml) plant milk of your choice.
- Add oats to a jar or other suitable container, and top with your favourite plant milk. Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and chia seeds, then stir with a spoon until evenly combined. Cover and leave refrigerated overnight.
- In the morning, take the jar from the fridge and pour the mixture into a breakfast bowl. Slice the peach into segments and add to the bowl together with a handful of fresh raspberries.
- Place the hazelnuts onto a chopping board. Cover them with a clean tea cloth, and taking a wooden spoon, give the hazelnuts a light tapping so that they break up into rough pieces.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the bowl and serve. Top with more plant milk as required.