No bake raspberry lemon cheesecake
Rich and creamy, no-bake raspberry lemon cheesecake. Perfect for Summer garden parties and picnics.
- 8 inch cake tin.
- Parchment paper.
- A blender.
- Food processor with an s-blade.
For the base
- 2 cups (260g) almonds.
- 1 cup (155g) whole pitted dates.
- small pinch salt.
- 3-4 tablespoon water.
For the cheesecake filling.
- 2 cups (225g) cashew nuts, soaked overnight. I used raw cashew pieces.
- juice of a lemon.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil, as liquid.
- ½ cup (125ml) plain vegan coconut yogurt.
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup.
For the top of the cheesecake.
- 1 large handful raspberries.
- zest of a lemon.
- optional: edible flowers - I used daisies.
For the base.
- Soak the dates in enough hot water to cover them and leave for 15 minutes to soften. Drain.
- While the dates are soaking, line the cake tin with parchment paper. You'll want to make sure there's plenty of paper coming up and over the top of the tin, so that you can use it to slide the cheesecake out once it’s ready.
- Place the almonds and a pinch of salt into the food processor. Blend into breadcrumb size pieces. Be mindful not to blend to much, as you don't want it to turn to flour.
- Add the soaked dates to the food processor together with a tablespoon of water. Pulse until the mix begins to just hold together when lightly pressed. You may need to add another tablespoon water if needed.
- Scrape the nut and date mixture into an 8 inch cake tin and press down so it looks nice and even all around. This is your cheesecake base.
To make the cheesecake filling.
- Take the drained, soaked cashew nuts and the rest of the filling ingredients and blend together until they're really creamy and smooth throughout.
- Using a spatula turn the filling out on top of the cheesecake base and spread it out evenly. When ready, cover the cake tin with parchment paper and pop it into the freezer for around 2-3 hours to firm up.
- To serve the cheesecake at room temperature, remove from the freezer and leave it on the countertop somewhere cool to defrost for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Top with fresh raspberries, lemon zest and edible flowers just before you serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!