Easy 5-minute lemon tahini dressing. Rich, creamy, tangy and delicious! Amazing drizzled over giant salads, leafy greens or served with falafel.
What is tahini?
Tahini is a paste made from lightly toasted and ground sesame seeds. It’s a condiment that's widely used in many cuisines worldwide including Middle Eastern cooking, the Eastern Mediterranean and parts of North Africa.
Tahini is a familiar ingredient used in dishes such as hummus, baba ganoush, and very much a part of vegan eating.
Rich in nutrients like iron, calcium, zinc, folate and many others, tahini is also high in protein.
Although most tahini is made from roasted sesame seeds, you can find certified raw versions in some health stores and stores online.
Is tahini dressing healthy?
Yes, this gorgeous tahini dressing (also known as tahini sauce) is gluten-free, oil-free, vegan and made with whole food plant based goodness.
Garlic - feel free to add an extra clove to this recipe if you love the flavour of garlic.
Spice - add a touch of ground cumin, cayenne pepper or za’atar to your own taste.
Citrus - swap the lemon for another citrus fruit like orange juice or lime juice. I find using orange juice is especially good!
Fresh herbs - add finely sliced fresh herbs such as mint, parsley or dill. They all taste delicious in this tahini salad dressing.
Sweet - swap the maple syrup out for date paste or a soaked and pitted date. If you use a date, do make the dressing with a blender to ensure a smooth and creamy finish.
This dressing is a fantastic staple to have on hand and kept in the fridge. Delicious drizzled over:
- vegetable noodles
- buddha bowls
- leafy greens
- used as a dip for raw spring rolls
- chopped vegetables
- served with falafel
Other raw salad dressing recipes you may like:
Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing
- Blender or a bowl and a spoon for mixing
- Lidded jar.
- 3 tablespoon raw tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- If you’re using a blender add all the ingredients and blend until it reaches a smooth dressing consistency.
- If you prefer to make this by hand, add the minced garlic and salt to the tahini paste and mix it together until combined.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and continue to stir. At first, it will thicken but, carry on mixing and it will gradually come together. Add in the water a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired dressing consistency.
- Taste test your dressing and if it needs it, add a little more lemon juice a teaspoon at a time or a pinch more salt.
- With the help of your spatula pour the dressing into a jar or container ready for use. Will keep fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Hey, did you like this recipe? If so it would mean the world to me if you would please Pin this to your Pinterest boards or even share it on social media so others can find it too.
I’m off for some tea.
Love raw food.
mum, dog owner, raw food enthusiast